LEZO, AKLAN – The newly elected and reelected barangay officials of the 12 barangays of Lezo took their oath of office before Governor Jose Enrique M. Miraflores on November 24, 2023 at SGFMSCC, Poblacion, Lezo, Aklan.
The oath-taking ceremony was attended by Mayor Mary Lenette R. Fernandez, Vice Mayor George R. Villarubia, Sangguniang Bayan Members, Mrs. Emmie M. Cawaling, DILG-MLGOO, Municipal Department Heads, and other guests.
The barangay officials who were sworn in are:
- Mark N. Manares, reelected as Punong Barangay of Barangay Agcawilan
- Avelino Y. Retonio II, newly elected Punong Barangay of Barangay Bagto
- Dave F. Legaspi, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Bugasongan
- Blas J. De Mateo, newly elected Punong Barangay of Barangay Carugdog
- Jose Felvin I. Villanueva, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Cogon
- Renato B. De Guzman, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Ibao
- Jowen M. Fernandez, newly elected Punong Barangay of Barangay Mina
- Febe I. Silverio, newly elected Punong Barangay of Barangay Poblacion
- Arsenio I. Ureta, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Silakat Nonok
- Jesus M. Revestir, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Sta. Cruz
- Goliver I. Retuba, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Sta. Cruz Biga-a
- Albane D. Nepomuceno, reelected Punong Barangay of Barangay Tayhawan
Together with their respective Sangguniang Barangay Members, who emerged victorious among 194 candidates vying for the positions.
Governor Miraflores, highlights the importance of collaboration among the government officials for the betterment of the community and each pivotal roles as the cornerstone of the nation’s political structure, urging them to uphold the principles of the law and champion good governance.
The election for the President of Liga ng mga Barangay is scheduled for November 15, 2023, with facilitation by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
The head of the Liga ng mga Barangay will serve as an ex-officio member in the Sangguniang Bayan, playing a crucial role as the vital link connecting the grassroots barangay with the municipal government. (By Ernan Baldomero)