Note: An Overseas Filipino Worker or OFW is a person from the Philippines who is living and working in another country, typically on a temporary basis. This includes land-based OFWs and seafarers/sea-based OFWs. Families traveling together with at least one OFW will be considered all OFWs.
In compliance with Philippine government regulations, travelers arriving in the Philippines starting May 8, 2021 and onwards shall undergo 14 days of quarantine, 10 of which shall be observed at an accredited hotel or facility, and the remaining 4 to be completed at home under the monitoring of the Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERTs). Travelers shall also undergo an RT-PCR test on the seventh day of their quarantine stay.
You must stay at a hotel accredited by DOT/DOH while you wait for your scheduled test and the release of results. You can only check out from your hotel on the tenth day of your quarantine stay. Day 1 starts on your arrival date.
BEFORE YOU FLY AND DURING CHECK-IN FROM ABROAD
1. As early as 3 days prior to your departure, both land-based and sea-based OFWs must register and accomplish the Electronic Case Investigation Form and save the confirmation e-mail and QR code.
2. For land-based OFWs, create/update your account on the OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS) at http://oasis.owwa.gov.ph/.
Also register at CoVID-19 Electronic Case Investigation Form (e-CIF).
For sea-based (Seaman) OFWs Register at FirstAide Diagnostics.
3. Upon check-in, sign the Declaration and Waiver Form presented by the airline check-in agent, indicating that you are healthy and fit to travel.
DURING THE FLIGHT
4. Accomplish the Health Declaration Form, Bureau of Customs Form, OWWA Care Slip, and Arrival Card.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN NAIA AIRPORT
5. Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) collects the accomplished health declaration forms to all passengers. BOQ medical officer and staff evaluates arriving ROFWs for any signs of infected declared as Public Health of International Concern (PHEIC) like COVID-19 through thermal scanning, Health Declaration Checklist (HDC) review and physical examination.
6. Upon arrival, listen to the briefing conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard.
6. Undergo a temperature check, submit the Health Declaration Form upon deplaning, and proceed to the designated waiting area.
7. For sea-based OFWs, wait for your turn to proceed to the verification booth. Present your QR code. For land-based OFWs, you may skip this step.
8. Clear with Bureau of Immigration (BI) and submit the Arrival Card.
9. Proceed to your respective desks for your quarantine hotel assignment:
- For land-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Desk. Present the same QR code from the e-CIF and submit the OWWA Project Care Slip.
- For sea-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) Desk
10. Claim your baggage at the designated carousel and clear with Customs Check.
11. Exit the terminal and wait for your shuttle/bus that will take you to your assigned hotel. Board designated OWWA buses to your assigned quarantine hotel facilities to observed strict quarantine procedure.
AT THE QUARANTINE HOTEL
12. For land-based OFWs, your accommodation will be provided for free of charge by OWWA. For sea-based OFWs, your Local Manning Agency (LMA) will arrange your quarantine hotel facility. Note that your date of arrival is Day 1.
13. Check in at your hotel. On Day 6, PCG will conduct RT-PCR swab test at the quarantine hotel facility. Continue observing strict quarantine procedure while waiting for the results. Please be reminded that your scheduled test may be postponed the next day or at a later date for any unforeseen circumstances (e.g., typhoons, flashfloods, strikes, shift in stricter community quarantine status, etc.).
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell, etc.) at any time before your scheduled test, please inform the hotel you are staying in so a medical or BOQ officer can assess and check up on you immediately.
14. Your accommodation and food during your stay will be shouldered by the Philippine government. Any additional hotel fees due to required extensions will be shouldered by their governing agency.
15. If you test positive, the BOQ shall transfer you to a designated hospital for further medical management.
If you test negative, your test result and quarantine certificate will be released on day 9 of your quarantine stay. You are allowed to check out only on the tenth day of your stay, even if your test results and certificate are released at an earlier time. Present your test result together with your medical certificate to the assigned quarantine personnel at your hotel for clearance. For a hard copy of your certificate, printing services will be available at your hotel.
For land-based OFWS, you can check your unified BOQ and RT-PCR result certificate here.
For sea-based OFWs, kindly expect your negative RT-PCR result and BOQ Quarantine Certificate indicating actual number of days on quarantine.
16. Apply for Notice of Coordination from the Office of the Municipal Mayor of Lezo at https://lezo.gov.ph/notice-of-coordination/
The Notice will be sent via Email you provided.
17. Once you are cleared, wait for advice and prepare to leave the hotel using OWWA assigned buses. For sea-based OFWs, your LMA will arrange for your transportation to PITX or NAIA Terminal 2.
18. For Land-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with OWWA or use the OWWA Uwian Na portal for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
For Sea-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with your Local Manning Agency (LMA) for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
19. Proceed to NAIA PAL Terminal 2 for processing.
20. Fill-out necessary forms and wait for check-in announcement.
21. Proceed to pre-departure area and wait for boarding announcement. Your flight will be Manila – Iloilo City via Philippine Airlines. Upon arrival at Iloilo International Airport, report to RTF/PTF/OWWA Station. The Provincial Government of Aklan will send a vehicle to fetch you once you arrived in Iloilo City.
22. The Provincial Government service will bring you to Aklan Training Center for processing. After that you may contact your family to fetch you to the barangay of your residence.
23. Please complete your remaining 4-day quarantine or self-isolation under the monitoring of your LGU and Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERTs).
Guide from Philippine Airlines and BalikPinas.